Enter To Win!

Enter to win one De La Cruz Saga eBook! One winner will be selected on Sept. 30! On December 10th there will be a second winner for one signed Hot & Spicy, De La Cruz Saga paperback. Winner will be contacted by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Meet Genevieve Scholl


Hello Genevieve, tell us a little bit about yourself- I am a small town girl who has a passion for writing, reading, photography, crafts, baking, design, and snow globes J Also, I am studying to become a Paralegal, with a future goal of getting my Law degree and becoming a D.A (District Attorney).

How did you decided to enter the world of writing? I entered the world of writing in High School. I was bullied a lot and never had the confidence to stand up for myself. So, I wrote stories. I am a little ashamed to say that they started out violent (I.E killing off the bully), but as I continued to write, I made the revenge more subtle. Now, I write because I love it. I don’t write for the fame, or the money, or the acknowledgements; just for the love.
What does your family think of your writing? My family is very supportive, but a lot of the time they don’t understand my writing. It’s ok, because what I feel and think is more important.
Where do you get your ideas? I get ideas from a lot of sources. Dreams are a big source for me. I have always had the ability to dream about something before it happens and retain almost the entire dream, clearly, like a memory. Also, friends or occurrences that happen around me are big influences as well.
Can you tell us a little about your book? I have two published books. A Mother’s Day Murder: Donna’s Story and A Father’s Day Fatality: Tigria’s Story. Unfortunately, they are too expensive for anyone to buy anymore, but I do offer free PDF files of them for anyone who wishes to read them. They are romantic mysteries. They take place on the Chokey Reservation (a Native American Reservation) and have murder, mayhem, sex, and love. They are rampant with plot twists and suspense, but for me the more important aspect of the stories are the characters. Bennett, Donna, Tigria, and Karst are my babies. I created them, molded them, and teared up when they fell in love. The characters make the story. 
What is your writing process? I don’t really have a process.
 What was the hardest part for you when working on your book? The beginning sentence! You always want to start out strong, because in my personal experience if a book starts slow or doesn’t grab me in the first chapter, I have no desire to finish it. I still do, because let’s face it, who can leave a book unfinished?
What influenced or inspired you to write? Again, the bullies in school. But, the specific story that influenced the very first story I ever wrote (adult story, I did write little cute stories as a child about turtles falling in love with frogs lol) was and still is quite heartbreaking to me. I was in High School and was madly in love with this guy. We hung out for a little while and then he told the entire school that he was playing a joke on me and felt nothing for me at all. It stung and still does occasionally. I still have a big spot in my heart that is reserved for him. It’ll probably remain void for the rest of my life; because I will never stop loving him- even after what he did to me- and I will never stop having a soft spot in my heart for him. First loves are hard to forget and even harder to stop loving. Sigh, let’s talk about something else.
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work? I have never been very good at editing my own stories. I love to edit other people’s stories and give them my advice, but when I remove a scene or a character from my own, I feel like a little piece of me was ripped out. I do have to admit that in my first novel, A Mother’s Day Murder: Donna’s Story, I modified the sex scene a little bit. I wanted the novel to be normal everyday life and the sex scene was just a bit too risqué for it.
Do you have a favorite character (from your book)? Why? I would have to say that my favorite character is Bennett Petty from my first book. He is just… all man, but he also has the sweetest heart.
Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us? I am currently working on 3 novels. Romantic Death is a book of short stories that all have something to do with death; losing a loved one, out of body experience, etc; to come out May 2013. Love Claus, is a Christmas Erotica; to come out in December 2013. And, Time Will Tell is a time travel story about a girl who was kidnapped as a child and sold to the people she thought were her parents. Her car breaks down on the side of the road and she seeks shelter in an old barn, which holds a time vortex. She goes through the vortex into the past and saves herself from the kidnappers, changing her life forever. This is scheduled to come out in 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ON IDEAS.
Where can we find more information about you and your books? http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/genevieve-scholl?keyword=genevieve+scholl&store=allproducts   
Do you have any last words? Thank you for interviewing me! I hope you all enjoyed this little look at who I am.   
Genevieve it has been a pleasure learning all about you and your work. I would love to have you back visiting us when you have your book out. 
Fun Questions- 
I love weekends because? No homework lol
I hate? Summer… Too hot
I want to buy? A tablet, so I can illustrate my own books.
My favorite song is? Confessions of a Broken Heart by Lindsay Lohan
My favorite precious stone is? Diamonds
I want to travel to? Why? Greece, France, and Italy all in one trip.
I want to meet?  Why? Michael J. Fox, because he is so incredibly motivating and inspiring. Plus, he’s really cute ;-)
I want to invite   -------------- to dinner. Why? Hmmmm, I’m not sure. I have Jimmy Thomas on the brain right now, so I guess my answer would be him. Lol.
My dream is to? Retire in Ireland and write until Mother Nature comes to recruit me. (Death)
My favorite book is? First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/genevieve-scholl?keyword=genevieve+scholl&store=allproducts 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Genevieve-Scholl-The-Author/363728479105
http://csicreativesceneinvestigation.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comment.
Crystal

http://delacruzsagabyptmacias.com/