Enter To Win!

Enter to win one De La Cruz Saga eBook! One winner will be selected on Sept. 30! On December 10th there will be a second winner for one signed Hot & Spicy, De La Cruz Saga paperback. Winner will be contacted by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Harvester


Hi Lynn, welcome. It's awesome to have you here. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you decided to enter the world of writing? What does your family think of your writing? Where do you get your 
ideas? 
I’m an older lady who loves to write. I have two kids, both sons and grown, and two grandsons. I’m living in Vienna, Austria right now as my husband has a wonderful job with a UN affiliated group. We’ll be here another couple of years. I started writing when I was twelve years old and never wanted to do anything different. But, my parents had other plans for me, so I went into the world of nursing then geology along with computers. About six years ago, my husband made me an offer I couldn’t refuse and I’m been writing full time ever since.
Can you tell us a little about your book? 
Here’s the blurb: Princess Sky Xera Nerezsh came to earth to avoid the normal succession path to the throne. Being the oldest daughter, she will be required to murder her mother in order to secure her path to power. Sky loves her mother and refuses this path, choosing instead to disappear in the vast reaches of space. When her past collides with her present, she has to think quick on her feet, claim two men and a whole planet just to avoid the inevitable: a meeting with her mother. Along the way, she discovers true love and a burning need to be there for them always. Now if the other Harvesters can just keep to themselves, they’ll have no problems. But who said true love was ever easy.
The book sounds real interesting and different. I will have to check it out, lol. What is your writing process? 
I’m not sure I have a process as I tend to be a pantser by nature. I just sit down and write. Recently, I’ve gotten into the habit of deciding how long the book will be, the number of chapters and then exactly what I expect to happen in those chapters. I make it a general outline and mainly refer to it when I feel myself wavering from the storyline. The one thing I’m very consistent about is that I’m at my desk every day unless I’m ill. And I always make a ‘To Do’ list for the next day. Otherwise, shiny objects tend to make me go off course. For example, if I’m writing a sci-fi book of any subgenre and I need to do a little research, I have to set a time limit otherwise I’d research all day. LOL! 
What was the hardest part for you working on your book? 
I tend to write fast and most of the time there really isn’t a hard part. There have been times when the book hasn’t gone the way I want it and I’ll put it aside as I figure out how to fix it. With some books, it’s very hard to say goodbye to the characters. Those books usually have a spinoff book or story.
Oh yeah, I can relate to this. The characters become our babies, lol. What influenced or inspired you to write? 
I would say that my first influence was Gone With The Wind as I just loved that book. All I did was read when I was a kid and dream of far away places. My mother used to tell me I was going to turn into a book. Next to books would be movies. I just love the visuals of a great love story but many times, I’d say to myself that I could write something similar. So I’ve been working at it ever since!
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or remove in your finished work? No, my books pretty much stay in the condition I send them to my editors in as far as scenes go. I am very meticulous about order.
Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why? 
I love all the characters in my latest book. Probably the one I most identify with would have to be the Queen or mother character. She has a lot of me in it.
Do you already know what to do next? Can you tell us? 
I normally work on about five books at a time. Like I said, I try to make sure I never get bored...LOL! Right now, I’m working on another sci-fi romance and the characters really haven’t told me whether to expect it to be erotic or not. I know they like each other but it’s still up in the air. It’s the book that I’m using for my Six Sentence Sunday and I plan to have two sixes from each chapter up there. It was supposed to be out last month but I’m still getting over the illness I had in May and it’s made it nearly impossible to concentrate. I plan to definite get it out in October and have a bunch of free days at Amazon. I’m also working on two books for my two publishers and another for new submission to a publisher I’ve never tried before. Then I have another book about Scotland I plan to have finished soon. I’ll be giving details on my blog and or website in the coming months.
Wow Lynn, you are really busy, lol. Where can we find more about you and your books? 
My website and blog have been revamped! I’d love all the readers to go and let me know what they think. I plan to have a big Christmas celebration this year, so everyone should stop by and see what I’m giving away. Here’s the links: 
Fun Questions- answer what you want, lol. J
I love weekends because 
I can sleep in and no one expects me to do anything! 
I hate hate and people’s negative attitudes.
I want to buy  a new house! LOL!
My favorite song is  I really don’t have one BUT I love to listen to movie themes. Like right now I’m listening to the original soundtrack from the first Conan. Inspiring!
My favorite precious stone is amethyst.
I want to travel to, why I want to travel the whole 50 states so that I can learn a little about each one. I’m in Europe right now and we’ve been traveling around, so unfortunately, it’s lost its appeal for me. The only other place I’d love to visit are tropical islands for short stays.
I want to meet   ----------- ,  why The director of the UN so I can tell him how to do it better...LOL!
I want to invite   -------------- to dinner, why President Obama so that I can assure him that he’s doing the best he can under the current circumstances.
My dream is to have an assistant to keep my calendar and do my promo. LOL!
My favorite book is Still, after all these years, I’d have to say Gone With The Wind. Now, that doesn’t mean I don’t have favorite ones right now...I read about 2-5 books a week...but that’s my favorite of all time.
Do you have any last words?
I’d really love everyone to come and see me. I have a Facebook page as well as a Twitter account and I yap all the time at people. I love hearing from readers and what they think about my stories.
Lynn thank you so much for visiting and sharing all about your work. It was a pleasure learning a little about you.  I look forward to reading your books.
The Harvester

Word Count: approximately 42,000 words

Logline: Sky Nerezsh, a Harvester of men, leaves home avoiding a tragic path when a rival comes to claim Earth and the two Scottish lifemates she’s just discovered.

Blurb: Princess Sky Xera Nerezsh came to earth to avoid the normal succession path to the throne. Being the oldest daughter, she will be required to murder her mother in order to secure her path to power. Sky loves her mother and refuses this path, choosing instead to disappear in the vast reaches of space. When her past collides with her present, she has to think quick on her feet, claim two men and a whole planet just to avoid the inevitable: a meeting with her mother. Along the way, she discovers true love and a burning need to be there for them always. Now if the other Harvesters can just keep to themselves, they’ll have no problems. But who said true love was ever easy.
  
Book Excerpt:
Suddenly one dark haired man was on the table in front of her, gyrating his sexy hips in her face, his package mere inches from her mouth. In another life, she would have leaned forward and planted her lips on his crotch, willing his body to perform. She really should have been paying more attention to the situation around her instead of wondering about where Angela had gotten herself.
Leaning down, his breath reminded her of the sweetgrass that grew on her home planet of Tyrsati, heightening her senses even more. “Sweetheart, I see how you want me...it’s written all over your face.” His voice purred in her ear.
Sky gasped and pulled back to get a better look at the man in front of her. He reminded her of the gods of Vada. He was tall, well-muscled, dark hair brushing the top of his shoulders and had the most incredible violet eyes she had ever seen. Guess the optics weren’t wrong. He would fetch an exquisite price on Texra and her mother would be extremely proud for her acquisition. She shook her head to clear the cobwebs.
“Nice eyes, sweetie – hang around after the show – I’ll make it worth your while.” His voice hit a resonance with her and her whole body flushed. It had been years since she had reacted to any man. Now her emotions and body betrayed her for an insignificant being on an outer planet. She shook her head. This planet was no more insignificant than any other, including her own but she knew if she didn’t get herself under control, the Harvester in her would take over. Old habits die hard.
“Don’t let his demeanor fool you, luvey. He just wants to get into your pants.” Another deep voice reverberated close to her ear.
She glanced over her shoulder and again her breath was nearly taken away as she looked into the bluest eyes she’d ever seen in the galaxy bar none. The sky of Octa couldn’t hold a candle to the color that swirled in their depths.
“Ooo, Jaxon is right about the eyes. Very cool green.”
“Contacts,” Sky managed to get out for the second time this evening, her voice low.
“And a sexy voice to boot. Very nice.” He twirled away to join his companion on stage. He was just as nice looking as the first guy but just a little shorter. His shiny hair swung around his jaw line as he moved and her hands ached to run her fingers through it and over his body.
She sat there stunned as the people at her table laughed and clapped her on the back as if she’d done some sort of fantastic feat. While her time on this planet had been very thrilling, in her old life working for her mother, their performances had to be impeccable or their fate might be worse than death. She vaguely wondered just how she’d rate them.
Sky did her best to smile and act as if what happened was one of the most exciting things in her life when in reality it brought back some memories she’d rather forget. Folding her hands in front of her, she closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. She opened her eyes slow and caught a glimpse of a targeting laser. The light was in a part of the spectrum that no one of this planet could even see but her optics caught it.
Scanning the crowd, she allowed her eyes to whirl, not caring who saw. There were not supposed to be any Harvesters on this world as it had been declared too primitive to even be included in the Alliance of Planets. She came here because she knew this was the one place her mother wouldn’t think to look. Now, she knew another Tyrsatian walked the same world as she did, occupying the very same room.
Maybe it was time to see just what type of trouble Angela got herself into. Leaning across the table, she quickly gave Jayne her phone number and said her goodbyes to all the others present. Rising slowly, she didn’t want to alert the other Harvester but she was just far enough away and at a weird angle to not see who it might be. Moving quickly to the back wall, she moved to where she stood way behind the woman but close enough to see who it was.
Jesata Ardik. Of all the Harvesters to show up on her new home planet, one of the most relentless in the business had to land on her new home. This wasn’t going to be easy. She had to delay her from marking them because once they were marked, it didn’t matter wherever in the universe they were, they would be considered fugitives until captured and sold to the highest bidder. Meaning, she wouldn’t be able to get them off world without the help of her mother.
  
Buy Links:

BIO:
Lynn Crain has penned over 25 novels in  romance in the genres of science fiction, fantasy and contemporary romance, erotic to tame in nature. She always knew that writing was her calling even if it took years at other professions to prove it. She has belonged to EPIC and RWA for more years that she cares to think about. Currently, she lives in Europe while her husband of nearly 30 years pursues his dream of working internationally. Her state-side home is in Nevada where family and friends wait patiently for their return. You can find her hanging out at A Writer In Vienna Blog (www.awriterinvienna.blogspot.com) and various other places on the net (www.theloglineblog.blogspot.com; www.twitter.com/oddlynn3 ; www.lynncrain.blogspot.comwww.facebook.com/oddlynn3 ) as well as her website www.lynncrain.com. Still, the thing she loves most of all is hearing from her readers at lynncrain@cox.net.

NOTE: This is an erotic menagé novel with EXPLICIT language and adult situations.

Review Links:




1 comment:

  1. Hi -great interview & post. Enjoyed your blog & now following.

    Best wishes
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comment.
Crystal

http://delacruzsagabyptmacias.com/