Enter To Win!

Enter to win one De La Cruz Saga eBook! One winner will be selected on Sept. 30! On December 10th there will be a second winner for one signed Hot & Spicy, De La Cruz Saga paperback. Winner will be contacted by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, January 18, 2013

Asuka's Confession by Eva Marie Paulliere


Today we have author Eva Marie Paulliere.  We will learn about her new series Asuka.  Eva,  please tell us a little bit about yourself.
I grew up in Ohio and now live in Florida. I have an educational background in art and foreign language study. Professionally, my background is in education, business administration, and during leaner times, the “food service industry” (That’s code for “server”). I have a spouse, and two daughters. I like to read, write, and speak Japanese.
How did you decided to enter the world of writing?
I had a story idea so vivid, I could not get it out of my mind. I had to write it lest I go mental.
What does your family think of your writing?
My kids are proud of me, although they are too young (daughters 6 and 9) to read any of it! My spouse is proud of me too, but the time-consuming aspect is sometimes difficult on the marriage.
I can relate to this. Your family wants to spend time with you. Where do you get your ideas?
It’s mostly severely embellished life experience.
Can you tell us a little about your book? 
Well, I have several, actually. The series I am working on right now is “Asuka”. It’s about a young Japanese woman who escapes the Yakuza and finds herself working for the CIA because she wants to avenge a death. The short story prologue, “Asuka’s Confession” tells of her time in Japan, and the event that changed the course of her life. I’m working on the next story “Asuka’s Escape” which I’ll have out sometime before summer. 
Wow, the story sounds real interesting. I need to read it. What is your writing process? 
Usually while I am innocently reading a book, eating at a restaurant or driving my car I think of some situation and it just takes off into a story. Then I have to get to the nearest laptop and write it all down as it unfolds and explodes in my head. After a few hours of hectically writing down notes, I make an outline. The next two to four weeks is spent neglecting just about everything else until I get the first draft done. After that, I have an author contact, Ellen Clare look it over and make revision suggestions. I then revise it about five times then get it proofread and published. 
What was the hardest part for you when working on your book? 
I would sometimes type as much as 12,000 words in a day, and my fingers would get SORE. 
What influenced or inspired you to write? 
I’ve been involved with music, sketching, and even did martial arts for awhile. I’ve done more drawings than I can count, and have composed some symphonies as well. I think it was just the next thing for me.  
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work? 
That’s top secret! Seriously, though, my criterion is this: if it doesn’t forward the story, I delete it. 
Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why?
I love Asuka. She’s a bridge between Asian and Western culture, a character any woman can identify with. 
Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us? 
I am going back and forth between making the final revisions of “The Player” to finish up my “Two Stories” trilogy, and I plan to do a lot of writing on the Asuka series in the coming years. 
Where can we find more information about you and your books? 
AuthorEva.com 

Do you have any last words?
Can I have a cigarette? 
lol, if you want.  It has been a pleasure having you visit. I loved learning about you and your work.  
Fun Questions
I love weekends because?
I can write.
I hate?
Self-righteousness. I’m above it.
I want to buy?
A small country.
My favorite song is?
Heartbeats by The Knife. If my first book “Cheryl’s Secret” is ever made into a movie, I’d want that playing on the credit roll. If you read the book, you’ll see how it fits.
My favorite precious stone is?
Diamonds, of course.
I want to travel to? Why?
Japan. I love those people.
I want to meet?  Why?
Stephen King. He’s at the top of my profession, and I read a lot of his books when I was younger.
I want to invite   -------------- to dinner. Why?
Bobby Flay. I’d ask him to cook.
My dream is to?
Have my books made into movies. “One Woman”, especially.
My favorite book is?
How to Write a Damn Good Novel, by James N Frey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comment.
Crystal

http://delacruzsagabyptmacias.com/