Enter To Win!

Enter to win one De La Cruz Saga eBook! One winner will be selected on Sept. 30! On December 10th there will be a second winner for one signed Hot & Spicy, De La Cruz Saga paperback. Winner will be contacted by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Take 2 by Linda Bolton



Hi Linda, it's awesome to have you visiting.  I look forward to learning all about you and your book.  Please tell us a little bit about yourself.  
I’m middle-aged, a grandmother (GiGi), I work full-time in HR, I’m a fitness rep (I so need to workout more and eat better), and I write romance.
How did you decided to enter the world of writing? 
I’ve been writing poetry and short stories since I was in high school. I finally decided to try a novel and it just flowed.
What does your family think of your writing? 
When I was married, my ex thought it would just be a hobby. My daughter thinks its pretty cool that her mom writes novels.
Where do you get your ideas? 
I write contemporary romance and get my ideas from reading and watching celebrities as well as my from my friends. Everyone knows anything they say or do can become part of a book or a blog.
Can you tell us a little about your book? 
Its about Alexandra. She’s in her mid-forties, in a blah marriage, and feels her life is at a stand still. She wins a trip to her favorite talk show and meets her celebrity crush. They keep a connection and, in a freak car accident, her husband dies and she’s in a coma. Derek, her celebrity crush, comes to her and then the two of them struggle with the challenges of love, paparazzi and their own relationship fears. There’s travel to wonderful places as well as relationship struggles. 
What is your writing process? 
I am, for the most part, a panser. I research my main characters and locations, and plan the beginning and ending. All that is in between is written by the characters. I’m just along for the ride.
What was the hardest part for you when working on your book? Learning how to add enough detail without it being wordy. 
What influenced or inspired you to write? 
Reading others work has always motivated me to write. I love Candace Havens and Jade Lee. Meeting other published authors has really inspired me to keep trying and to think it might be possible. 
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work? 
I wrote a really cool ending scene for the book but the book was too short. Once I added to the story the ending didn’t fit so I deleted it. Then I found a place to put it but I had actually deleted it. It was gone and I couldn’t remember all the detail. I have learned to save everything. 
Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why? Kathleen, Alex’s best friend. She takes Alex to a speed date meeting. I laugh every time I read it. 
Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us? 
I have a few books going right now - 2 erotic romances and another contemporary. The contemporary will be the story of Tristen Bane, you meet him in my current book. 
Where can we find more information about you and your books? You can find my book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Take-2-ebook/dp/B00ATPVW2Q and
Do you have any last words? 
My book, Take 2, just came out Dec 29. I would like to invite everyone to take a look and, when you read it, please leave a review. Thanks so much for having me! 
Linda it has been a pleasure. I'm going to put your book on my to read list, lol.  I will read it when I'm finish with my saga. 

Fun Questions 
I love weekends because? I don’t work my full time job, HR, and I see my granddaughter.
I hate? 100 degree days in Texas, because they last for months!
I want to buy? Tons of cool things for my granddaughter
My favorite song is? Wanted by Hunter Hayes
My favorite precious stone is? Aquamarine...my birthstone
I want to travel to? Why? Scotland...Men in kilts with accents! Need I say more?
I want to meet?  Why? Gerard Butler. Because he is Derek!
I want to invite   -------------- to dinner. Why? Gerard Butler! To take advantage of him!!!
My dream is to? Have a man tell me the things Hunter Hayes sings in his song, Wanted.
My favorite book is? Diana Gabaldon’s series about Jamie Frazier

1 comment:

Thanks you for your comment.
Crystal

http://delacruzsagabyptmacias.com/