Enter To Win!

Enter to win one De La Cruz Saga eBook! One winner will be selected on Sept. 30! On December 10th there will be a second winner for one signed Hot & Spicy, De La Cruz Saga paperback. Winner will be contacted by email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, February 1, 2013

So Eden by Elle H. Quinn


We have visiting Elle H. Quinn, author of So Eden. Elle please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Born, and raised in Ravenna, Ohio, from a large family of six children. My parents were married for over 40 years, Father passed; my mother is his earth angel.  My heritage is part Russian Jew, French and Native American Indian. I’m a New-Age Christian, “Undefined, a free-spirit and thinks out-side the box.” 
The person who inspired me the most was my grandmother Helen aka Alenna. She was a huge influence on me, sparking my profound interest in paranormal activities and historical events.
My ex husband S. Charles Bennett the III, influenced me greatly, still does—had mentored and encouraged me to open an interior design firm in 1997 – 2008, in Naples, FL. Currently, I would classify him as a great ex husband, stepfather to my children and supports my dream to be a successful author. Moved to Los Angeles in 2005...I have three amazing children, two daughters, Adella, Haley and one son Quinton, in that order and one grandson Hayden Grey.
My daughter Haley is currently on the verge of stardom...just filmed her eighth movie, starring as a lead, opposite Christian Bale, in a Terrance Malick film.  She has had lead roles, starring opposite, Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymoore, Owen Wilson, Jennifer Aniston and Nick Nolte...Ashley Green and many more....
I currently resided with my boyfriend, business partner and biggest supporter Patrick Neiswinter. He’s my Fifty Shades of Wonderful.
How did you decided to enter the world of writing?
A very close friend and author Jr Rain inspired my writing technique the most. I met him when I lived in Los Angeles, in 2005---I lived there for 5 years, with my daughter Haley, running her to auditions and in my spare time I wrote 130 page screen play, “False Dichotomy,” a psychological serial killer mystery. Jr Rain, mentored me, advised and helped me through the learning curve.
What does your family think of your writing?
My family is very supportive, as is my tall, dark and handsome boyfriend Patrick Neiswinter, who is also a creative, and amazing author.
Where do you get your ideas?
Mostly bits and pieces from real life events...combined with my outlandish imagination!
Can you tell us a little about your book? 
My current novel named “So Eden” Pages of Eden Trilogy.


Every journey into the past is complicated by delusions, false memories, false namings of real events. Adrienne Rich.

The Pages of Eden Trilogy is a layered paranormal mystery and a love story that will raise your blood pressure! It will make you laugh, tingle, wish, and dream, investigate and cry! Above all So Eden will make you want fall in love...

The first part the trilogy, “So Eden, One night”...opens with Brielle Eden, the protagonist, waking up after a terrible, unknown incident and finds herself institutionalized in a psyche ward of a Parisian hospital. Unfortunately, Brielle’s short-term memory seems to have escaped her. Therefore, she can’t explain how she sustained her bodily injures, amongst exhibiting other questionable symptoms to the hospital’s staff.

The hospital’s Chief of Psychiatry, Dr Tagorski discovers that a young female bearing the same birth name as Brielle Eden, who also had the same rare blood type, and who was the same age as Brielle, had tragically died six months before the Jane Doe (Brielle Eden) had arrived, who claims to be the one and only Brielle Eden.

When the doctor shares this information with Brielle, she believes it’s a simple coincidence that the deceased female shares so many of her same traits. Especially, since she was born in America and the deceased woman was born in Paris, they can not be one in the same! After all, if you lose your short-term memory you still retain your identity, right?

Regardless, the doctor feels Brielle is either an imposter who is stealing the decease’s identity, or that she is suffering from post-traumatic stress and has latched onto the name Brielle Eden, because it was the first name she had heard when she woke up from a comatose state.

To thicken the plot...

A tall, dark and mysterious visitor enters into Brielle’s hospital room when she was left unattended. This man captured her interest for multiple reasons: His incredibly good looks, penetrating voice, and of course, what he had said to her—a warning that she couldn’t shake!

At this point, Brielle is forced to face her demons, and to take a journey into her past, beyond the years of her life! You will understand (what it means beyond the years of her life upon reading) In this journey she may discover that “true love” is the window that leads to the journey of the soul...or does it lead to heartache, when dark secrets are revealed?

More details...

The Pages of Eden Trilogy unfolds in the city of Paris! Brielle Eden is a romance author from NYC, who moves to Paris to escape from a broken relationship. In the old brownstone where Brielle resides, she encounters paranormal occurrences—however, she isn’t sure if these incidents are her vivid dreams, her wild imagination or, if, in fact, she suffers from schizophrenia.

Could be TMI...possible spoiler.

Brielle has valid reasons to believe she may have a mental disorder, because of a childhood secret that she had kept from her family and peers. Brielle communicated with a disembodied voice that only she could hear, and who spoke to her inside her head for the first eighteen years of her life. And, at that point they finally vanished, freeing her mind and daily activities. Poof!

Years, later in Paris, more than the voice in her head had returned...Brielle soon discovers evidence that she is being stalked, romanced and guided by three separate otherworldly entities.

Will Brielle discover she is, in fact, mentally ill? Or, will she unleash a secret worth sharing with the world? Will she recognize love, or will she run from the reality of it? 
What is your writing process? 

I do not use an outline...I free flow write, usually starting at the end and add the middle and then the beginning. Then as an artist would do...I retrace my brush strokes and repaint the entire canvas -- adding touches of color to each scene.
I proceed by with doing my own formatting, book covers and then send off to editor.

What was the hardest part for you when working on your book? 

Pulling myself away after 13 hours of writing to eat. Ha! That’s the truth! 

What influenced or inspired you to write? 

After having had exposure to the inside world of Hollywood and being behind the scene on many movie sets, I knew I had found my true passion to write.

From a young age, I have always loved to watch movies such as, Perry Mason, Iron-side and Matlock. Low and behold, it was an honor to have had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with the man who producer these classic TV series, “Paul Mason.”

I am a huge fan of crime scene series, CSI, Criminal Minds, Numbers and LA Law and Cold Case. J

I am also a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock...I was tickled pink when a savvy editor compared my  “False Dichotomy” screenplay to Hitchcock’s plot style.   

My ultimate goal is to write screenplays/novels that have the potential to become movies, and to create mysterious plotlines that the audience can’t figure out the catch/ending in the first 20 minutes into the movie. Having said that, I don’t like it when the author/ writes an ending of a movie/book etc...that makes you want to throw the book/film across the room. I feel I have accomplished this with “False Dichotomy” the screenplay. Which, I am currently converting it into a fast-pace novel.

Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work?

In my “So Eden” Trilogy my answer is no. I can’t say there were any deleted scenes.  However, in my screenplay “False Dichotomy” I was challenged to “cut-out” 30 pages or more...that was tough, because a screenplay is typically no longer than 120 pages. As a rule of thumb, that’s about a minute per page. When I finished the first draft, I had 160 pages. Yikes! I believe it’s currently 130 pages. The cool thing is when I convert it into a novel I will be able to “add” those missing scenes back into the storyline. 

Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why?

Yes.... 
The main character is one of my favs, because you get a lot of insight, background information on how her life unfolds from childhood to being an adult...and who influenced her most. Her character is vividly developed, going from being a spoiled and selfish young girl into a lovely woman who learns to make sacrifices for others, at the risk of her own fate. She’s the kind of person that could be every girl’s best friend, the girl next door, or an America sweetheart celebrity who wouldn’t turn her nose into the air when a fan tries to interact. Brielle is beautiful but doesn’t know it, or if she does she doesn’t use her “looks” per se to get what she wants.

However, one of my other favorite character’s is Nuilley, 

Brielle’s best friend, because she is a “no holds bar” kind

of girl...says what she is thinking and acts on it without 

thinking past her nose.

Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us?

Yes...it’s a “who done it” mystery serial killer plot. Lots of twist and turns and WILL --- I promise, keep the reader intrigued and guessing “who done it” to the mind-blowing end!!!! I can reveal there are two climatic endings...that will make the reader’s jaw drop!!!  

Where can we find more information about you and your books?

Kindle Amazon / Face book Elle H. Quinn...and I am currently in the process of developing a website. TBD

Do you have any last words?
Wishing for the world to know my name and like me and the novels I write! 
Elle it has been a pleasure learning about you and your books. Best wishes in your writing career.  
Fun Questions ~
I love weekends because? I hit Starbucks and write.
I hate?
I don’t really hate anything but I dislike: The color orange, and people who say they are going to call, come over and don’t follow through on what they say. And, cleaning dog poo—poo!
I want to buy?
Another BMW car. Red.
My favorite song is?
Angels on the moon. by Thriving
My favorite precious stone is?
Diamonds
I want to travel to? Why? 
To Paris in May is my number one choice, because, it’s a great time of the year to be outdoors. There’s so much to do and see in Paris. The energy in Paris is buzzing. I could stand in the center of the bridges, just looking over the city and people watch all day long. I love the nostalgic design of the architecture. The natives are friendly, laid-back and enjoy long conversations, which is appealing. The pasties are to die for; so yummy they melt in your mouth. You can taste the rich cream, eggs and vanilla, swirling over your palette in every bite! And of course, I can’t forget to mention the melodic, romantic tones of the French accent, particularly, a man’s accent in my case! A simple hello,  “bonjour” spoken with an authentic French accent sounds like poetry!
I want to meet?  Why?
Clinton Eastwood...I can't put my finger on why him, other than he still is so good looking to me for his age-- but there’s something about him, that rings an old soul. I’m drawn to those who are possessed by old souls.
I want to invite   -------------- to dinner. Why?
Martha Stewart. So, I can learn some kewl cooking tips. 
My dream is to?
My dream is to reside in Paris in the springtime, Seattle during the summer and LA in the winter. I don’t like staying in one place too long. My wish is to live forever and to write until that may end, tell stories that will touch the emotions of the readers—to bring laughter to someone’s life...and, to create intriguing plotlines that will provide an impact in the lives of the readers, whether that is great, or small...but of some measure!
My favorite book is?
There’s so many for many different moods. Jr. Rain’s Samantha Moon series...the series is witty, with relatable characters and strong plotlines. Bridges Over Madison County, a forlorn, reaching and tear jerking plot. I enjoyed reading many others, E. L. James, was fun...Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes was suspenseful. Ria Cantrell, Celtic Fury, a historical romance novel. Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day, Plain Jane by Carolyn McCray, Anne Rice, James Patterson, HT Night, Eve Paulain. I have so many favorites...and not enough paper to mention them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comment.
Crystal

http://delacruzsagabyptmacias.com/